Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have searched everywhere, and I cannot find any way to reset my Administrator password on my Printer. I have seen other people post on here, and someone from HP was able to help. My printer is out of Warranty, but I can't use or configure half of the features unless I can reset it. And of course, I can't do a factory reset.... unless I have the password. Since I am out of Warranty, there is no way for me to submit a support ticket, and the Virtual Agent is useless. Can someone please help me with this? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@loopback0 

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@loopback0 

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

@Mans

Thank you so much for your help! Very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.