Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3052A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We had to get a new router and the printer no longer connects to the wifi. I have redone the setup numerous times and every time it shows the new network name but won't accept the password, even though all our other devices accept the password and it is the same password as it was under the old network name and router.  I've done two restores to default on the computer.  We've tried the WPS button twice but get an error message each time.  I've redownloaded and installed the printer software and drivers. Nothing is working.  Any help would be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@elbereth5, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to connect the printer to the wireless network. To assist you better, what is the encryption method on the router?

This printer supports WPA/WPA2 security encryption.

Have you tried using a USB cable and check if that works?

For more info on wireless setup, refer to - HP printer setup (wireless network)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  The new router only supports WPA2, it isn't able to be changed to WPA we already checked after reading to try it. Yes, it works fine hooked up USB, that is how I currently have it so that I can use it since I can't get the wireless to work.  I have been using the printer wireless for years but as soon as we got a new router, the problems started.   I've tried pushing the WPS button on both the printer and router but always get an error message on the printer when it is done.    I have gone through all the trouble shooting information I could find and nothing has worked.  I've done all the steps listed in the HP wireless setup numerous times but to no avail.

HP Recommended

@elbereth5

This is a pretty old printer and the technology has advanced now. The router you are using is new and has the latest technology. However, the printer supports WPA2 encryption. Hence, it should get connected.

• Check if MAC filtering is enabled on the router if yes, the printer should be added to the 'allowed devices' list.
  • Change the wireless channel number to 1, 6, or 11 from the EWS page of the router.
  • Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

You may either contact the internet service provider or please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for assistance if the issue persists.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips and I do understand that the printer is old and technology has changed but our last router was only 2 years old so it also had the newer technology and we had no issue then.  I just can't see spending money on a new printer when this one works great, up until this wireless issue that is. 

We tried the enabling mac filtering and adding my printer to the device list, problem is that the only filter options it gives me if I do that are to deny access to the address I added( which is the printer) which defeats the purpose, or to provide access to ONLY the printer.  Obviously, denying access isn't going to help and I certainly can't set it to give access to ONLY the printer when I have several other devices on the network. 

We haven't been able to try #2 yet as other people are using the network at the moment and the router message said everyone would lose connection and have to re-do it.  So we will try that one later, when we are able. 

Yes, its the same network but the pc is actually hard wired and not wireless.  This was never an issue with the two previous routers we owned over the years. But I did change the pc to the wireless network and install the printer wireless but got the same exact results as when I install with the pc hardwired.   Our router is dual band band they do not share the same name so that isn't an issue.  

When I get to the wireless set up part that you have to select the network name and add the password.  It recognizes the correct network name but gives me a message that the password is incorrect, which it isn't.  Our two previous routers, we had the same name for the network.  This time my husband changed the network name but left the password the same as the old network.  I can't see how this should matter but thought I would mention it just in case. 

HP Recommended

@elbereth5

Thank you for your patience and efforts. If the issue persists, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.