Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desk Computer connected to router by wire cannot send to networked HP4655. Scan to that box works OK! Two entirely WiFi computers work OK.

I reset the BIOS and Ethernet -- neither solved the problem.

HP troubleshooter found device sharing off, used it to turn on.
At "activate," product could not find internet although browser has no trouble

attempt to set manual IP address using network config page Numbers. APPLY - Processing - "Com between browser & printer has been lost" (was probably not there in first place)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @stonecherub,

I'd like to help!

1.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Could you print and share the network configuration page? -

1. Make sure there is U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

BOOM!!!! Now the scanner is gone, poof!

1. Looking on my Router page, 11btu is mixed, channel is auto (no frequencies shown), dynamic IP. I.E., no answer

2. The wireless light on the printer is steady, it prints flawlessly for two wireless-only computers with no scan sw.

3. I printed and scanned to a pdf the Network Config pages. I don't see a way to attach that file to this post.

4. NEW STUFF!  When I reset the network, this apparently zeroed out the domain name and when I printed "Wireless Network Test Results" just now, that showed Network Name Not Set. I reset the network name and now the scanner is disconnected. My scan sw (VueScan), that has worked heretofore, can no longer find the scanner. Note: I reset the network yesterday and the scanner worked this morning until I changed the domain name from nothing to a name and rebooted.

Should I just reinstall Win 10? that would take less time than I have already spent on this niggling little problem.

HP Recommended

Please attach the network configuration page.

You find a camera icon when posting, click on that to attach the file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.