Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 8720

Scan to email feature has been working for years now, then suddenly started failing with Invalid Credentials - check username and password.

ISP is Comcast. I tried turning off 2FA, but that did not help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There does not seem to be a way to remove or add profiles so I edited the existing one, removing each field and re-creating the content and then did a save and test. It still failed. Comcast has an Enable/Disable Third-Party client access option, which is checked. Authentication still fails. 

I went back to my comcast account and turned off 2 step verification, the profile then started working again. I went back into my comcast account and turned 2 step verification back on, and the save and test was successful. I have no idea what's going on here but it seems to be working again.

However, I am now down to a single outgoing mail profile. How can I add a secondary one? I expected to see a +/- for adding/removing outgoing scan profiles

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dantoth 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not post any private information in our public Community.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

=====================================================

If you are using the Scan to Email that is set up and configured in the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

then

You may need to redo the setup - at least test the profile(s).

If the "2FA" to which you refer is two-step verification,

then

Be sure to recheck your email provided to make sure that you are using an Apps Password (for 2-step) OR that you (still) have Less Secure enabled.

Next,

Add a Profile to the configuration using the tiny "person icon"

Want to remove a profile?  Select that profile > click the X to remove it

General Example - Embedded Web Server (EWS) - Scan to Email (digital send supported printer)

EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7CEWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_7C

and - similar / newer model

EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2EWS_9020_Scan-to-Email_Setup_2

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

There does not seem to be a way to remove or add profiles so I edited the existing one, removing each field and re-creating the content and then did a save and test. It still failed. Comcast has an Enable/Disable Third-Party client access option, which is checked. Authentication still fails. 

I went back to my comcast account and turned off 2 step verification, the profile then started working again. I went back into my comcast account and turned 2 step verification back on, and the save and test was successful. I have no idea what's going on here but it seems to be working again.

However, I am now down to a single outgoing mail profile. How can I add a secondary one? I expected to see a +/- for adding/removing outgoing scan profiles

HP Recommended

That worked, thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.