Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My first intention was to answer the question already posted here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/HP-Deskjet-2620-not-printin...  but for some reason HP closed the discussion.

I had the same issue as described in the link above. HP DeskJet 2620 not printing from my Windows PC (either via HP Smart or directly from Windows), but printing fine from phone and Mac. I just thought I was going to have yet another bad day with printers, as usual.

I'll post my solution here just in case. I realized that the actual printer's IP was different than the one shown in Printer Properties (search your printer in Windows, then click in Manage and then in Printer Properties). Go to the Ports tab, find the port that's selected and click on Configure Port. That's where you can put/verify the actual printer IP. In my case, it was set to 192.168.1.10 whereas the correct one was 192.168.1.36. After a few seconds of applying the new (real/actual) IP I could see the printer coming online. To find the IP being used by your printer, you can either go to HP Smart->Printer Settings or to your router connections page. 

Voila, I hope this helps unfortunate souls out there to not have another bad day with printers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @carlroc !

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.