Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2755
iOS

We have a HP Deskjet 2755. It worked fine for a week. Our toddler walked by and touched a button on the screen and it hasn't been able to rejoin our network since. We've tried every possible installation at this point that is available on the trouble shooting or other online guides. We've tried to re-connect it to our router via iphones, ipads, macs and pcs with no luck. We bought a USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and try to install that way, but also no luck. Holding down the WPS butotn when prompted on the router isn't working either. No matter what, once it gets to the join network step, it fails. I've checked our routers setting and we do not have mac filtering or any other setting active that would create an adverse condition. WIFI direct printing does work, but it's not ideal and also not what we paid for. 

This honestly doesn't make sense and it's making us so frustrated. It was working totally fine, and the original install caused no issues whatsoever, so it can't be an issue with the network, it has to be an issue with the printer and it's ability to connect, but I can't for the life of me understand how 1 accidental button press would make it impossible for the device to connect. There has to be something really simple we're missing here. Any advice would be extremely helpful. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mikemarino1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To reconfigure the printer, follow the steps from the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change.

Additionally, refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for help.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you experience further issues, please let us know what is your router brand and model.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Unfortunately those solutions did not work. 

HP Recommended

Could you please clarify your router brand and model?

By any chance, may you use a Verizon FIOS router?

HP Recommended

You called it. It is Verizon FIOS. I think the router is a gateway but I can't tell what model. Thank you for your help so far, ShlomiL

HP Recommended

@mikemarino1 wrote:

You called it. It is Verizon FIOS. I think the router is a gateway but I can't tell what model. Thank you for your help so far, ShlomiL

You’re much welcome @mikemarino1.

Please verify below information and let me know if that may help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-connecting-an-HP-printer-to-a-...

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.