cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 2755 cannot rejoin network

HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2755
iOS

We have a HP Deskjet 2755. It worked fine for a week. Our toddler walked by and touched a button on the screen and it hasn't been able to rejoin our network since. We've tried every possible installation at this point that is available on the trouble shooting or other online guides. We've tried to re-connect it to our router via iphones, ipads, macs and pcs with no luck. We bought a USB cable to connect the printer to the PC and try to install that way, but also no luck. Holding down the WPS butotn when prompted on the router isn't working either. No matter what, once it gets to the join network step, it fails. I've checked our routers setting and we do not have mac filtering or any other setting active that would create an adverse condition. WIFI direct printing does work, but it's not ideal and also not what we paid for. 

This honestly doesn't make sense and it's making us so frustrated. It was working totally fine, and the original install caused no issues whatsoever, so it can't be an issue with the network, it has to be an issue with the printer and it's ability to connect, but I can't for the life of me understand how 1 accidental button press would make it impossible for the device to connect. There has to be something really simple we're missing here. Any advice would be extremely helpful. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,187 1,173
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mikemarino1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To reconfigure the printer, follow the steps from the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change.

Additionally, refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for help.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,349 29,071 5,038 11,481
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you experience further issues, please let us know what is your router brand and model.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately those solutions did not work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please clarify your router brand and model?

By any chance, may you use a Verizon FIOS router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You called it. It is Verizon FIOS. I think the router is a gateway but I can't tell what model. Thank you for your help so far, ShlomiL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mikemarino1 wrote:

You called it. It is Verizon FIOS. I think the router is a gateway but I can't tell what model. Thank you for your help so far, ShlomiL

You’re much welcome @mikemarino1.

Please verify below information and let me know if that may help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-connecting-an-HP-printer-to-a-...

Shlomi

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation