Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3052A

I have an HP Deskjet 3052A. Up until a few weeks ago, my printer worked fine. It would disconnect from the internet but I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it would connect. Now, I can't get it to connect at all. I have tried unplugging and replugging in, using the WPS button and WPS pin. When I use the WPS method, I always get a WPS error, even when using the Pin method and my router saying the connection was made.

I would appreciate anybody's help. Please keep in mind I am SOMEWHAT computer savvy but not incredibly sophisticated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@UNCHeels66

Welcome to the HP support community.

Restore network settings to default settings

1. Press the Wireless button to display the Wireless Menu.

2. From the Wireless Menu, select Settings.

3. From the Settings menu, select Restore Defaults.

4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Follow the below steps to connect the printer to Wireless connection:-

1. Download and install printer full feature driver:- HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

2. Follow the instructions on the screen. When you are prompted, connect the product to the computer using the USB setup cable included in the box. Follow the onscreen prompts to enter your wireless network settings. The product will attempt to connect to the network. If the connection fails, follow the prompts to correct the problem, and then try again.

3. When the setup is finished, you will be prompted to disconnect the USB cable and test the wireless network connection. Once the product connects successfully to the network, install the software on each computer that will use the product over the network.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.