Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
deskjet ink advantage 4675
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4675: No option to print in colour / black & white, using WiFi..

Any update or permanent solution to this problem, the only way to print in colour is to usb cable direct to printer, a hassle.

not sure what windows10 i am using and also not all that tech savvy, so hope there is simple solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi David,

Please open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

How many copies of your printer can you see there and which one is set as default?

Right-click the print queue and select Printer Properties, then open the Ports tab.

Please let me know which exact port is selected for your print queue.

For the other question, click your username in the top-right side, near your user avatar, then click on My Posts to locate any of your posts:

ShlomiL_0-1610387341820.png

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Get dialog box saying 

davidhamadia_0-1610296021507.png

Is it safe? do I continue?

HP Recommended

dialog box : the youre tryinig to install isnt a microsoft verified app

HP Recommended

Yes, this is perfectly save to launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility, it is from a legitimate source and can be allowed with no issues.

As a reference, you may also download it from below link at hp.com. be sure to click Yes after clicking the download button:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi 

Have downloaded to 1st computer restarted and print color is working over network, 2nd computer downloaded restarted and print color is not working, print black

HP Recommended

Hi,

Still no success after downloaded and installed on second computer to be able to print in color on that computer.

A side problem, how do I find easily my posts for help?

Thanks 

David 

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Please open the Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

How many copies of your printer can you see there and which one is set as default?

Right-click the print queue and select Printer Properties, then open the Ports tab.

Please let me know which exact port is selected for your print queue.

For the other question, click your username in the top-right side, near your user avatar, then click on My Posts to locate any of your posts:

ShlomiL_0-1610387341820.png

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.