Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ExampleHP ENVY 4500 Ser# CN573351VZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lenovo computer and HP ENVY  4500 will not connect wirelessly, Have run wizard that has worked for years, does not work now, installed HP ENVY Series software, followed prompts on printer to hook up to internet, hookup successful , run test page.

Still cannot computer and printer to print remotely, any suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with the same printer except it is across all of my devices - Windows 10 Laptop, Mac OS Macbook Air, iPhone, etc. The printer has an IP address, but is not accessible by other devices on the same network. This just started happening today. I've reset wireless connections at the gateway, router, printer, and all other devices.

I ran the HP Print Doctor, and it found the printer and the correct IP, but it would not connect wirelessly. This is a big issue for me right now.

HP Recommended

I was able to get it working. I went to Wireless->Reset Network Settings and had it reset to the default. Then I connected again. It worked after that. I think it had some old BSSIDs cached out because I realized that there was a note about multiple SSIDs with the same name even though they were on the same channel.

Best of luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.