cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP ENVY 4500 connected to wireless, computor to prter still not working

HP Recommended
ExampleHP ENVY 4500 Ser# CN573351VZ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lenovo computer and HP ENVY  4500 will not connect wirelessly, Have run wizard that has worked for years, does not work now, installed HP ENVY Series software, followed prompts on printer to hook up to internet, hookup successful , run test page.

Still cannot computer and printer to print remotely, any suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with the same printer except it is across all of my devices - Windows 10 Laptop, Mac OS Macbook Air, iPhone, etc. The printer has an IP address, but is not accessible by other devices on the same network. This just started happening today. I've reset wireless connections at the gateway, router, printer, and all other devices.

I ran the HP Print Doctor, and it found the printer and the correct IP, but it would not connect wirelessly. This is a big issue for me right now.

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to get it working. I went to Wireless->Reset Network Settings and had it reset to the default. Then I connected again. It worked after that. I think it had some old BSSIDs cached out because I realized that there was a note about multiple SSIDs with the same name even though they were on the same channel.

Best of luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation