cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
LUNAFLEUR
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Envy 6032 (6000 Series) Showing as offline when connected via USB

HP Recommended
Envy 6032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought the HP Envy 6032 as I needed a printer for things. I use ethernet with my PC as I stream etc, so never even bothered with a wifi connector/dongle. 
I bought this printer, assuming it would just connect to my pc via USB like every other printer I've owned in the past. Albeit I haven't had one since my family home over 10 years ago.
To my surprise, the printer didn't come with a USB but there is a USB-A port at the back, so I ordered a USB-A to USB-B so I could plug it into my pc.
The printer shows up when I scan for them and connects to the HP application that windows demands I download, shows the printer as ready etc BUT when I try to print, nothing happened. So I checked devices and it says it's offline.
I went through the HP support chat bot and did majority of the things it told me to do but they didn't work and I gave up. I feel like I'm being dumb, I'm 26 and pretty tech savvy. I've built numerous PCs and didn't think I'd be defeated by a mere printer.

Is it impossible for this printer to print via the USB connection? Do I need to buy a wifi dongle for my pc?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation