Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6234

HP Envy 6234 printer was refusing to print, giving the message “Out of paper”.  I wondered if the issue could be WiFi. So I pressed the printer screen where it deals with WiFi.

The printer instantly printed 2 pages, titled “Wireless Quick Start Guide”.
So my printer can find paper, when those instructions were followed. Is it possible then, that I have a software problem and do not have a physical problem with it?
Finally, the printer has also printed about 5 or 6 pages, at random & without me touching it - all with just my name on each page !
So I have mainly blank pages with just my name, at the top left, as though I was about to write to someone.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MCO2,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  2. How is the printer connected to your device Wifi or USB?
  3.  What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,
Thanks for the offer. I found the HP help desk only too willing to decide my printer was dead. It truly had been used rarely & was only 14 months old.
After their ‘dead’ verdict, I wondered if WiFi was the issue - I had got a new router but I had updated the printer on that.
So I hit the screen WiFi icon. It printed the WiFi guide. 
And at intervals it produced pages with just my first name on them, at the top left.
Yet it was still showing the message “Out of paper”.
So clearly the printer COULD find the paper.
I had been trying to print by emailing from my iPhone 11. 
I discovered that if, instead of emailing to the printer from my phone,
that if I just selected a document,
 hit “share”, 
then “print” 
& selected “HP printer”, 
then tapped “Print”
- it worked.
But even as it shows Printer Options, allowing me to select “HP Envy,”  it displays the message “Out of paper”.
And I discovered that in printing just my first name on a page, it was unable to print my email but was able to print my name, as my signature was always added to the end of emails.
I think it needs software re-installed, but it tells me, software is up to date.
Regards.
mco2

MCO2_0-1610729198314.jpeg

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

HP Recommended

What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.