Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is set up on wireless network but when attempting to scan to email, it tries to connect but shows "Server Problem", "The printer could not connect to Web Services".  Previously, it would scan to email without a problem. I ran the Scan Doctor and downloaded again all software and drivers to no avail. The Network Configuration Page shows 802.11 Wireless connected, an IPv4 IP Address but not an IPv6 Primary Server.  It otherwise scans and prints perfectly. Frustrated at this point. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@duffer43

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05519493

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@duffer43

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05519493

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply. 

I set up the "Google 2-step Verification'', proceeded to "Create and use App Passwords". I created a device "HP Envy 7645 Printer" which generated a 16 digit password. The problem I'm having is where to install the password as the printer setup doesn't seem to have a spot for it. I'm fairly computer literate but Google doesn't seem to be clear to me in this regard. Can you help me with this?

Thanks, 
Jon
HP Recommended

You've to try the steps from here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This still didn’t help but I’m over it. I was able to get scan to mail working by setting up a 2s-stage verification in Google. Still have no idea why it’s working without inputting the 16 digit code. Guess I’ll never know. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.