cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Ch_R0me
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP LaserJet 1020 doesn't printing when connected to the Huawei e5186-s22a router and shared over net

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1020
Other

Greetings.

So, I've connected the mentioned printer to the Huawei router, and enabled sharing over network.
According to the router manual, it's only capable to support obsolete SMB v1.

After installing support (and auto-removal function) for that protocol in Windows 10, I've managed to find the printer and install it, yet if I wanted to print, the printer didn't printed anything.

Also tried to test on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Linux, where CUPS reported error:

pending since
Wed Sep 29 22:58:31 2021
"NT_STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED opening remote spool Test Page"

On Android, I've tried to use printing service to print over SMB; where the printer was correctly detected, yet the printer also wasn't printing.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation