Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Dell XPS 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Old device, but it has always worked well.

A few days ago, scanning via WiFi stopped working. It will still scan via USB. It will print via WiFi. I have three laptops (two Win 10 pro, one Win 10 home) and it's the same on all systems, so it's not a computer problem. My systems see and print via WiFi, so it's not a connection problem either. See attached error message. All warnings in the message have been checked into, but do not apply. Thanks for any info.

FD

HP Scan Error.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It's probably a Windows update on computers that messed a scanning driver.

You can uninstall the update on one computer to see how will scanning work.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

I tried that on one HP Win 10 Home laptop, but it didn't make a difference, then realized there weren't any MS updates between the last time I successfully scanned and the error, i.e., I scanned photos the night before I started getting the error. Besides, it will scan via USB, so the driver seems fine.

I have since bought a dedicated flat bed scanner with higher resolution, so at this point, it is more of a curiosity. I can still print via WiFi from all systems, and that is the priority.

*EDIT* I did run HP's Print and Scan Doctor on the XPS 17 Win 10 Pro laptop and after 10 minutes of watching the progress bar, it said that it "could not find the device".

Thanks again,

FD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.