cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP LaserJet on network

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have one PC on the network that keeps dropping connection to the HP LaserJet.  The only way to make it work again is removing the HP Printer, restarting the PC and adding it again. It lasts for a few hours and it drops the connection again.  All other PCs and Macs on the network have no problem.  What is the issue?  The computer is running on a HP desktop ironically, and the current Windows 10 release.  Any other tips to prevent the constant drop off?  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,138 12,124 673 503
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ZephyrJ

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation