Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP laserjet 4050 TN
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I'm going out of my mind! I have a live ethernet cable connected to my HP LaserJet 4050 TN but I can't get it to work because I can't find the MAC number. Can anyone help me! I'd sell my soul to be done with this nightmare.

Is there another way to get the printer to work? 

The printer is amazing, I don't want to buy a new one, I just need this one to work!!!!

Can you help? Thank you in advance,

Barry

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You can print a network configuration page and you will find more detail on that page, or if the network card is removable there might be a label with MAC address on the network card ( depending on the model) 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I've printed every conceivable page possible and there is no MAC number (they're very distinct, you can't miss them) anywhere.

I've not tried finding the network card, I'm not sure where it is, and if it is removable. 

This is such a nightmare. Comcast/Xfinity is requiring the MAC number on their website. 

Anyway, I'd be happy to pay for your time if you can help me get this printer working.

Please advise, 

Barry

HP Recommended

Can you please scan and post here a network configuration page from the printers reports menu?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Vasimot, there is NO MAC number on the anything I can print from the printer - I've printed everything including the configuration page. THERE IS NO MAC number, and there is no removable card. How can this be?

HP Recommended

There is no removal network card!

HP Recommended

FOUND THE MAC NUMBER on the XFINITY PORTAL.........believe I added the printer correctly......now I'm wondering if the latest edition of MAC OS Big Sur is requiring me to have updated software to speak to the printer? What do you think? 

Will I need to add some kind of software to get the HP LaserJet 4050 TN to work? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.