Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, really hoping someone can help me here. I've been scanning to my computer for a long time without any issues, until this morning. Every time I try to do a routine scan to my PC as a PDF, it says 'Computer not found' it then gives me steps to 'manage scanning' on the help which doesn't exist. This is really urgent so would really appreciate a prompt response if possible. 

I've tried all the obvious troubleshooting such as removing the device and reconnecting it, I've tried it over USB and wifi, nothing is working.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jexaa777, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I believe you are trying to scan from the printer screen to the computer.

A full-featured printer driver should be installed on the computer for this feature to work.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver. (If not already installed)

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Open the HP Full-featured software by clicking on the printer icon on the desktop screen or by searching windows for HP Officejet Pro 8720.

Search Windows for HP > HP OfficeJet 8720 > double click to open the HP Printer assistant > Click on Scan

Click on Manage scan to computer >

Click on Enable > Check the box at the bottom > Close

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.