Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to print in color. I can get a full color TEST PAGE through HP troubleshooting, but when I print a document I've created (QUICKEN, WORD, EXCEL, etc.) it will not be in color. From other messages I see on your site, this appears to be a common problem. 

TWICE I have gone through the instructions for getting color cartridges to work properly:  removing the printer, then going through the process to download drivers, etc. TWICE I have done this, and the printer will print just fine in color for a day or two, and I think, OK, I've got it working again. But then suddenly it will be back to only printing in black. 

Just this week, I had successfully gone through your instructions and I was able to get reports printed in color. That was Monday... everything working fine. Tuesday morning, the first couple of things I printed were perfectly in color. But then, having not done anything to change the setup, and after printing a document that was only black, the next thing I printed did not print in color!! 

CAN YOU IMAGINE MY FRUSTRATION AT THIS POINT? I need assistance here quickly before I toss this piece of junk out onto the street! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have not heard from anyone about this issue of not being able to print in color! 

Come on, HP, PLEASE HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.