Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop and HP Officejet 5200 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this printer for about 9 months.  I have had no problems until now.  All of a sudden it will not connect to the internet on this laptop.  It keeps saying "Windows can't get the network settings from the router" or it says both codes are incorrect.  Nothing has changed with my laptop (purchased the same time as my printer) and nothing has changed with my internet.  I have tried every single thing told to me.  Unplugged printer and router and waited 60 seconds...uninstalled printer from computer and reinstalled....made sure the internet is connected on the printer itself (and it is)...ran trouble shooting...went through 2 million steps I've read on this page on other's posts...  Not a single things works. My laptop is connected just fine. No issues with anything else connecting to our internet. Is there something that possibly got accidentally changed in settings that I can look at?  Any thing else I can do besides throw the printer in the garbage?  I really need this since I'm working from home now full time and in school virtually full time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @tratray,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home networker public network ?
  2. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Please print and share the network configuration page-

A Network Configuration Page lists important network settings such as network status and the printer IP address.

1. Make sure there is U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe down the display, and then touch Network Configuration Page.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helpingtratray

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.