Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e All-in-One Printer

Clearly HP has forgotten how to make a good printer.  I can't even begin to enumerate the disappointment in this product both as a printer and scanner.   My prior printer was an HP Officejet Pro 8600 and it was a work horse.   This new printer I have spent far too much time try to find fixes or work arounds for its deficencies.

Art
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Artbowie,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Could you please elaborate on the issue?

Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle

Update the printer firmware

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please clickAccepted Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say Thanks for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

The are many little problems with this printer.  The one most irritating is I can not scan to a folder on my computer in PDF format from the control panel, although at one point the option was there.   Both my  wife's computre and my computer use this wireless attached printer.  I worked with an HP tech the other day and even he could not figure it out.

Another issues is my printer is enrolled in Instant Ink.   I called tech support because everytime I printed, a message popped up on the control panel stating the printer was not connected to the internet.   When I logged into the Instant Ink website it showed my printer as connected.    To get rid of this message, the tech disable Web Services, reset the printer to factory default, re-setup the printer on my wireless network,  then re-enabled Web Services.   I no longer got the message about not being connected to the internet.  But, later that night when I went to print something the message was back.

Finally, my prior printer was an HP Officejet Pro 8600.  This was a great printer which unfortunately broke and has been disposed.  It was never enrolled in Instant Ink but it shows up when I log into the Instant Ink website.  No one can tell me how to remove it.

So much of this stuff it just stupid.  I knew this new printer, HP Officejet Pro 8035, was going to be problematic when the setup instructions told me to use my cell phone.  HP should be absolutely embarrassed to produce such a shoddy product.  

Art
HP Recommended

Also, I cannot tell you how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for this printer.  A firmware update check states the firmware is up to date.

Art
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.