Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have an HP Officeject pro 9025 all-in-one printer which has been installed for a little over a year.  I connected the printer to the wifi at my house and it has been working via that wifi connection ever since.  Very little has changed with my wifi since installation.  

2 weeks ago, I started noticing that I couldn't print so I looked at the printer console.  When I went into the network connections on the printer, there was a message that an "ethernet cord was not plugged in".  I couldn't find the wifi network option that I originally used to setup the printer.   I also notice that the blue light next to the printer console is not lit.  I am usually able to fix technical issues but I've been working this one for a while and I can't figure it out.  I did several things including plugging in to ethernet and running HP diagnostics and printer software, to no avail.

Finally yesterday I decided to reset the printer to factory settings and start over.  When the printer turned on, it started going through the setup like it did when I first got it.  As I was going through the setup wizard, I noticed that the blue wireless light was on.  When I got to the wireless setup, it worked fine and I set the printer up on my wireless network again and tested it...it worked! 

I thought I had it fixed, but then today I tried to print something and it didn't work.  When I went to look at the printer, I had the same problem....the blue wifi light was off, it was not connected to the wifi and when I went to the networking menu, there was an error message that said the eithernet cable was not plugged in.  There was no menu item to setup wireless networks.   The printer is too old for warranty work, only by a few months.  I have looked online and haven't seen many issues like this, and the ones I did find online, had no resolutions.  This can't be a one-off issue.  Does it sound familiar to anyone and does anyone have a resolution?  Thanks very much in advance!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi thanks very much for your help.  I have done cold resets several times and it works to turn on the WiFi on the printer and gets the printer working normally.  Unfortunately after running for a couple of hours the WiFi will turn off (no blue light) and I will get the message that no Ethernet cord is plugged in.  I’ve done this several times same result.  I have no idea where to go from here.  

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@jimmyg08

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that the wireless settings are disabled on your printer, I am glad to assist you.

You might have to reset the printer settings.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks very much for your help.  I have done cold resets several times and it works to turn on the WiFi on the printer and gets the printer working normally.  Unfortunately after running for a couple of hours the WiFi will turn off (no blue light) and I will get the message that no Ethernet cord is plugged in.  I’ve done this several times same result.  I have no idea where to go from here.  

HP Recommended

@jimmyg08

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ddi this get fixed? i have same issue? printed on friday and next time i tried to use scanner/ printer i noticed there is no longer a wireless icon, virtual asst can't understand the issue and ive follow call the steps with router, restart etc.  anyone else get help here?

HP Recommended

@Bummed8500Owner, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to make changes to the wireless settings on the printer. We need to perform a factory reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Update: Accept this solution. fixed.

‎12-14-2021 07:21 AM

@Bummed8500Owner, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to make changes to the wireless settings on the printer. We need to perform a factory reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link
HP Recommended

@Bummed8500Owner

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact issue. This is very frustrating.

HP Recommended

These private messages don't help the rest of us

Jazzupindy15
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.