cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Photosmart 7520 Unable to Connect to Web Services - December 2020

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520

Looks like I’m getting the same error everyone else is with their photosmart 7520 recently - “unable to connect to web services”

95AFE404-9CE2-4B67-8349-BDBC13E56469.jpeg

Please don’t respond saying to update my Dns settings. Or change to manual ip configuration. Or reboot the printer and the router.

There is clearly an issue with these printers and the HP web services. 

In addition to the usual, what I have done:

* checked firmware version with latest download - couldn’t find printer wirelessly with firmware update tool but after I bought a usb it found it, but said printer was up to date. 
* Manual IP

* modified dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

* tried multiple locations (different routers)

* tried turning on web services on printer as well as web portal 

* full/partial reset of printer

I noticed this document was updated in November 2020, listing printers that can no longer use web services, but the 7520 is NOT listed on here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05211712

I’ve spent a lot of time trying all of the ‘regular’ troubleshooting techniques, so just would like to know if I’m really just wasting my time. 

I’m looking all of the posts here in just the last MONTH in this forum, indicating this issue: 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation