Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7525 Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Web Services on my HP Photosmart 7525 printer. My internet is connected and fine, which I checked using the network print out. However, when I try to update/set up my Web Services ( I attempted to do so directly on the printer and on the website), I get the error "Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm internet access and try again or enter a proxy address". I am on a shared network that is run through my apartment complex and was wondering if that may be the issue. I have tried all of the troubleshooting already, so any advice would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@abailey1198, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Guest or public networks (such as networks found in apartments, coffee shops, schools, or hotels) have additional security features that can prevent printing.

To print, directly connect your computer or mobile device to your printer with Wi-Fi Direct.

For more information, go to Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup.

But, for web services you need a network connection that is private and not shared.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I am getting the same error message. I am on my home network which is private.  I have toggled the settings for the wireless direct. I have also restored the factory settings. I continue to get the error at the point it is "trying to Connect to the Webservices Server" Is it possible that the server is blocking the devices? When I 1st got the printer all worked as expected. Please help this is frustrating!

Respectfully,

Rhemarsh 

HP Recommended

@rhemarsh, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.