Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Printer will not find my wifi to save its life. Its been connected before, nothing has changed with this setup for the last couple months so there's not a real good reason as to why the printer kicked off my wifi. Last time this happened, some representative just told me to keep **bleep**ing with the router and the printer, just constantly turn them both on and off in hopes that it eventually appears... mind you my mac is only a foot, 12 inches, from the printer and router themselves, so distance or weak signal is not an issue. 

This time, that is not working. All the other solutions online and on this website's **bleep** live chat option, do not work. You'd think that after exhausting all the options, it'd offer a call back but not why would a representative help when they can gouge you for money or force you to buy a new product. 

I've tried resetting the printer to factory settings. I've tried resetting the printer wifi settings to the original default. I've tried going through my mac and making sure it accepts all devices. I've tried manually entering the wifi name and password, to a few different wifi connections. Nothing will work. Someone please call me asap to solve this issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Janet67

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You mean pay to have the "advanced" team tell me what to do only for it not to work? I even had a Geek Squad Rep come out and look at it and he wasn't able to figure it out. We sat here for an hour, restarting it a million times.

The only thing that works in turning it on and off over 20 times, seriously 20 times plus for it to work. I've done everything imaginable in the settings except trash it in my frustration. 

HP Recommended

Manually entering the Ip address and other **bleep** doesn't work, refreshing the wifi router page doesn't work, entering the wifi name and trying to search for it doesn't work. Having the printer security open, allowing anyone to print to it then, does not work!

and of course the print wireless test report doesn't do **bleep**. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.