Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720

After using the HP smart app without issue for years, it is no longer connecting to my printer.  I can print documents from my phone (on the same WiFi network).  I can scan documents from the printer to email, etc. 

So the printer is on WiFi and can connect to my phone, my email, etc. - just not the HP smart app. 

I powered devices down, unplugged the printer and the router, etc. to no avail.  I uninstalled the app.  

I did just update my iOS software on my iPhone, which is the only change to my set-up recently.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1 Check for updates on your iPhone (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 
  • Step 2 Reboot your iPhone.  
  • Step 3 Re-install the HP Smart app 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 to Install and Use the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS)
And, also perform printer firmware update: ​​​​​​​https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had tried that.  And just tried again.  Did not work. 

HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting back.

Just to verify are you unable to print from computer or phone?

And, also you can uninstall the HP smart app completely and then print

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can print from my phone.   So my phone connects to the printer, etc.  It is only the app that will not connect.   I have uninstalled the app a few times already (and shut down my phone).   Not the biggest deal but did use the app until it stopped connecting to the printer last week.  

HP Recommended

@TF-WC

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this:

• Firstly, restart the router, printer and the IOS device.
  • Next make sure the IOS has the latest version. And, also update the printer firmware from the printer screen.
  • Next open the HP smart app and click on the + icon to add the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.