Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP CP1025nw color printer (no control screen).  It has worked fine wirelessly, we got a new router and trying to get it set up to print wirelessly again, I assume it needs the new login information. 

I am running the HP Smart App on my HP Laptop.  HP Smart will not find the printer.  The printer is connected via USB cable and the printer does work when printing from other apps (Excel).  The laptop is logged into the new router that portion works well.

If I shut everything down and reconnect HP Smart finds it for a few seconds, shows it online, then says status unknown, then offline.  I have tried removing the printer from the HP Smart App and adding it again, but it will not find the printer.  The blue wireless light is flashing slowly, pushing the button for 5 seconds as in the directions doesnt change that. 

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Heeke

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the settings on the Printer: Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count, tray size, or language. To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps. 1. Turn the product oƫ. Disconnect the power cable from the product for 30 seconds and then reconnect. 2. Turn the product on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on. 3. Release the Resume button. The Attention and Ready lights cycle while the product restores factory defaults.

Once done, try connecting the Printer to the Computer.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.