Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 N991g
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Running Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2

Printer indicates it is connected to network. Wireless network test results all pass. Went through online HP help and changed to IPv4. Computers will not automatically find printer as in the past. To connect we have to enter the IP address. What is the fix so computers see the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

First a criticism of HP, I could get support person for this printer. Thinking it was broke, went a bought a new HP printer and it wouldn't connect either. Now I can talk to a person at technical support and after an hour long process the problem is resolved. I learn that a new IOS update kill the drivers for HP printers.

Fix, print printer config sheet. Go to System preferences, printer and scanner and  delete the printer. Down load HP Smart app for your device. I had to load for computer, MacBook, and iPad. Add new printer in HP Smart, it will bring up IOS add printer. Click the plus to add printer, click on the world symbol. Enter IP address for your printer and select AirPrint. Go to lower box and change Name to your printer model. Select auto download of driver. Once driver is loaded click add. Wait for HP Smart to finish setup and you're good to go. Wish I had been able to get a person for help instead of buying a new printer that I didn't need.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

First a criticism of HP, I could get support person for this printer. Thinking it was broke, went a bought a new HP printer and it wouldn't connect either. Now I can talk to a person at technical support and after an hour long process the problem is resolved. I learn that a new IOS update kill the drivers for HP printers.

Fix, print printer config sheet. Go to System preferences, printer and scanner and  delete the printer. Down load HP Smart app for your device. I had to load for computer, MacBook, and iPad. Add new printer in HP Smart, it will bring up IOS add printer. Click the plus to add printer, click on the world symbol. Enter IP address for your printer and select AirPrint. Go to lower box and change Name to your printer model. Select auto download of driver. Once driver is loaded click add. Wait for HP Smart to finish setup and you're good to go. Wish I had been able to get a person for help instead of buying a new printer that I didn't need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.