Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6970 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I setup ePrint but it seems it defaults to one-sided, color, etc. How do I change these settings? I have the HP Smart app on my laptop, is it through that?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cuzzo 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

ePrint is fairly restricted - in most cases, "WYSIWYG"  What you see is what you get...

A few years ago I had an OfficeJet Pro 8740 that allowed me to change a few of the ePrint settings as described in the HP how-to ePrint document.  Nothing I've used since provides that option.  I'd guess the feature was removed - or it is / was only available in certain printers.

If the option to change any of the settings for ePrint is available, find it by logging int your HP Smart / Connected account:  HP Smart / HP Connected Login  >  Click Flag to switch to your region

Scroll down on the My Printers page - if it's there, it's pretty obvious...

===============================================================================

Side Bar...

A very few printers do support a feature called "Print Anywhere" (yours is  not one of the few that do so).

Print Anywhere is ePrint for HP Smart.

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

I am not teasing you with what you don't have - this a a "heads up" in case you run across the information and wonder why your printer doesn't show the Print Anywhere feature in HP Smart.  Again, nice feature and available (at this writing) on very few printer models.   Reference:  HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Well, what does work?

If you can wait to print your "sent to email" content until you are connected to your network (where the printer is located),

HP Smart does support Scan-to-Email.

Add the "Sender" email address (the address you are using to send the email / job) to Windows Mail.

NOTE:  Windows Mail does not like two-step verification - see an Apps Password or Less Secure in your email provider Security setup.

Example...

Open HP Smart for Windows

Select Scan for document or image

Open Auto-Enhancements > Shut OFF setting for Orientation

Select / Open the item to scan

Instead of saving or printing the document / image, use Share (Scan to Email) to evoke the Mail setup.

Select the "Sender" -- an email address that has been added to Windows Mail.

Add your message to the already included document / image.

Optional >> Add CC to copy yourself so you will have a backup.  (No Bcc)

Send the message.

Partial Example

HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4HP_Smart_W10_Start_Screen_4

HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1c.JPG

HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1bHP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1b

What MIGHT work...

You might be able to use your ePrint printer mail address and send the job that way.

NOTE:

The sender address must be one that is listed as the ePrint owner or be one of the addresses in the ePrint Allowed Senders list.

Might be worth testing...

NOTES:

Be careful of the content that it follows the rules for printing using ePrint

CC might work (so you can have a copy of the job) - BCC will NOT work and will kill the job.

Example

HP_Smart_Scan-to-Email_1b2.jpg

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.