Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start my computer and printer, the printer shows to be off line.  I have tried all of the suggestions by the virtual assistant.  I cannot tell if this is a hardware or a software problem.  Deleting the printer and reinstalling it works sometimes, until the printer is restarted.  The HP diagnostic software will print a test page sometimes.  But I also sometimes get an error message on the printer screen saying there has been a printer error please restart the printer.  Other functions such as scanning work.  While the HP diagnostic software will say that the printer it has resolved the problem of the printer being off line, trying to print from other software will show the printer as off line.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Restart print spooler, google search on how it's done.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Even clearing the spooler does not work.  As soon as I try to print, the printer is still shown to be offline.

I s the following a ligament message?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.