Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600
Chrome OS

I can't connect my HP2600 deskjet to the network from my chromebook.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Valerie14 Which application are you using to print?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Use Google Cloud Print or HP Print for Chrome to print from your Chromebook. You do not need to download any drivers or software from the HP website or Google to print with your Chromebook.

Step 1: Determine your printer connection type

Printing methods differ depending on whether your printer is connected with a USB cable or to the same wireless network as your Chromebook.

• USB connection: The HP Print for Chrome app supports printing through the Chrome browser to USB connected printers. Simply connect the USB cable, install HP Print for Chrome (in English), and then follow the onscreen instructions to enable the app. Go to Printing with the HP Print for Chrome App for detailed steps and answers to frequently asked questions.

• Wireless network connection: The HP Print for Chrome app supports printing through the Chrome browser over a local wireless network. Or continue with these steps to print over a local network or remotely with Google Cloud Print.

Step 2: Determine your HP printer type

The steps to set up and register your printer for Google Cloud Print are different depending on whether your printer is a Google Cloud Print Ready printer, an HP ePrint printer, or a non-HP ePrint printer.

If you know already your printer type, skip to the next step to Register your printer with Google Cloud Print.

Look for a Google Cloud Print logo, an HP ePrint logo, or an HP ePrint button or icon  on your printer control panel. If the control panel does not have a logo, button, or icon, navigate to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu to locate the Web Services menu.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.