Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro m130nw
Chrome OS

Hi there! 

So I have this really laggy computer and a Wi-Fi router. Currently, my HP LaserJet Pro m130nw is connected by a cable to the Wi-Fi router. But I wish to connect the printer to my Chromebook as well. 

I tried holding the Wireless button for five seconds, but I couldn’t find the WPS button on my router (it’s modern and has one light and one button with two arrows facing each other). 

I tried accessing the IP address for my printer, but couldn’t find it. I do not have a USB cable.

The main question is, how can I set up my Chromebook to my printer but still have the printer connected to the router as well? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please unplug the Ethernet cable from the printer.

Press the Setup (Wrench) icon and select Network Settings, there select Restore Network Defaults and allow the printer to restart.

From a supported computer (Mac, Windows) or a Mobile Device (Android / iOS) ensure you are connected to your wireless network, then open HP Smart and click on Add Printer.

Click on Setup and Add a New printer and follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Please let me know if that works or if you may experience any further difficulties.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.