Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our printer HP ENVY Photo 7155 worked just fine until we moved. Brand new. We got a whole new network name and password in a new state. Turned it on, it didn't connect to Wifi. Simple right? No. I scan for our network, there it is. I click to connect. It says there is "no encryption" which there is. We have a password. It gave me no option to enter it. Then it says it is unable to connect. So I print the report.  In the ATTENTION section is says my printer is "unable to connect to my router. MAC address filtering may be enabled on your router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to the network." It says I have to add the MAC address to the router. So.... we looked at the router and it was already set up. We entered the MAC address and everything else manually.. After an hour or two figuring this out. You know what the printer does? It still says it can't connect for the same reason.

Every printer in existence is made to fail! Seriously. Every single printer has a problem and are a waste of money.

Someone please tell me what the problem is because HP has some of the worst support and everything is virtual agent. What happened to the real people who actually help you?!

Probably not buying another HP product. Especially printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Amaryn, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the PC

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • Either a 2.4GHz network or a 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it. We will probably need to rename the networks it sounds likes. All other options havent worked. I will try this before buying a new one. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Amaryn

Yes, kindly follow the steps and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Today we have tried the steps. We even turned off the 2.4ghz and only had the router work with 5ghz which both computer and printer use. It still doesn't recognize that there is an encryption on our network and refuses to connect. It can see it, but won't connect. 

HP Recommended

@Amaryn

Refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for alternate connectivity methods.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.