Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

changed my router Name and Password.  Tried to reset my HP 7740.  Wireless Setup greyed out.  Restore Setup greyed out.  I cannot get into the printer.  I read on other post where those customers were sent reset instructions specific to there computer.  Would you please send me reset instructions specific to my HP 7740.  This is a extremely flawed security system with no real support. How did the printer lock me out of the Network Settings is this just a flaw in the coding?   Also, will I need a reset for my HP Laser Jet Pro M15w to put it back on the network.  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Glenn0909

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd love to help.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please send me the instructions as well? I cannot find any further instructions and no other solutions helped. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Can I have the instructions as well please

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul426,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with your printer locked out. I'd like to help!

What is the error that you are getting? 

Have you done any changes to the printer or software?

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Elohi @Elohi_NR

it is a HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer.

As per the OP I need to change the wifi settings but the printer is locked out by admin which we have not done. Sounds like we need these secret instructions to reset

Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul426,

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your printer is locked, and I am glad to assist you.

You might have to perform a semi-full reset on the printer to fix this issue.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.