Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

recently I bought a HP M130nm WiFi printer. I installed drivers on both Win10 (64-bit) and Win7 (64-bit) computers. All following issues are same for both OS.

I connected the printer to my home wireless network. In my router DHCP settings I excluded one IP address for the printer so it always gets the same IP address. When turned on, the printer gets the address and is online and ready. So far all fine.

Problem is that the printer does not print. It does not even respond ping. BUT, not always. When connected to the nework (or turned on, or after router restart), the printer responds for about 2-5 seconds normaly (shown below). It even prints one document in queue (if there is any). Since then almost all pings are expired. However, time from time it returns one or two pings with normal (like 5 ms) time.

This is going to be even more wierd. Sometimes, it eventualy after dozens of minutes responds with long time and it gets better gradually. After few minutes it strats to print all documents that were not deleted from queue. Later the printer is completly normal and prints anything instantly. However, sometimes it does not get to this situation not even after hours. Restarting the printer gets me back to the beggining of this process. 

Occasionally, it responds to 1-10 pings in row. Then again response time expired.

The printer allways shows the IP address. It has never showed it is in offline mode.

When the printer is connected via USB cable, all is just fine. So I'm forced to print everything by USB.

I have already reinstalled drivers, used HP doctor, factory reseted router and did other usual debug stuff.

ping log after restarting the printer

Spoiler
Reply from 192.168.1.167: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.118: bytes=32 time=1016ms TTL=255
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.118: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.1.118: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=255
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Thanks for answers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.