Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet professional 1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my printer works great when I test but it says their is a problem with the driver so it is connected but does not work with HP Smart it works on my I phone but have problem on my PC using the HPsmart

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Mike462 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

you must install this complete software: HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

I tried that and it does not work been on PC for hours and somehow think because it is out of warranty HP took that away from me. The printer works fine wireless from my PC when I send something and also from my Iphone with the eprint app but if I send an email to my printer with its email address i get a reply that it is okay and will print out soon but it never happens

HP Recommended

nothing works they say printer to old out of warranty  I tried all the downloads and cant talk to a live person in HP get a run around any help let me know I am open for suggestions

HP Recommended

@Mike462 

The HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system.

First download only this complete package: "HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver ", File name: hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036.exe (157.1 MB)

Then proceed as follows:

Check the system for

• TuneUp`s
  • Optimization Tools
  • Cleanup Tools

disable them, better uninstall them. Next...

1. Disconnect printer/scanner from computer- Disable WLAN and/or remove the USB or LAN cable.- Do not switch off the printer >> unplug the power cord from the socket!
  2. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Programs and Features"
    uninstall all HP printer software > via "Programs and Features"
  3. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Devices and Printers"
    In the "Devices and Printers" window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Restart the PC
  5. Close all programs
  6. Change File-Explorer-Settings:View > Options > "Change folder and search options" > Tab "View"
    • enable > Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK
  7. search for "HP [printer name]" and delete all this folders
  8. Empty the TEMP folders
    A) C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\Temp\
    B) C:\Windows\Temp\
  9. system files cannot be deleted!
  10. Reconnect the printer to the power supply and switch it on (if this does not happen automatically)
  11. Please note: WLAN has to be deactivated!
  12. Restart the PC
  13. Close all programs
  14. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads click on the EXE, see above.
  15. Via USB, means wait until the installation asks to connect the printer/scanner
  16. at the end of the installation, restart the PC again.

Document error messages, even better is a screenshot and upload here.

The network configuration or the type of connection can be changed later. Info here: Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection 

Note:

Change the File Explorer settings again -

• enable > Don`t show hidden files, folders or drives
  • click button > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK

Regards
Andreas

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.