Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Wondering if anyone can help!

I got a new router and cannot get my Laserjet Printer M28w to connect on either my iPhone or my Mac.

Ive watched the video on YouTube and still cannot get a connection to my new router.

I can print documents if I switch my Network on my Mac to the Direct HP network the Printer is putting out but tried all the suggestions mentioned online to get connected back to the internet.

Please someone help! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @nreid,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

I see that your LaserJet Printer M28w printer is not connecting to the wi-fi network after changing the router.

There is an alternate way to connect to the new network by using the USB cable.

Please follow the steps listed in the document below to connect using USB cable and then change it to wireless.

Step 1: Connect using USB cable:

Please follow the steps in this document to connect the printer using the USB cable.

Step 2: Change from a USB connection to wireless:

Please follow the steps in this document to change from a USB connection to a wireless network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I’d hoped to find a solution that didn’t require me to purchase additional cables.

I have a MacBook Air so it doesn’t use the same usb ports as the ones supplied. Guess I’ll order a cable and hope I didn’t waste more money

HP Recommended

Have tried multiple times to connect with USB cable now, out of the several attempts I managed to connect by USB once and then followed the steps on switching from USB to Wifi and lost the printer completely.

Retried all the steps afterwards twice and HP Smart isn't even picking up the USB connection now.

HP Recommended

@nreid

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue, I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.