Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw

I am trying to use scan and email app on the MFP177 fw printer, but when I try to bring up the apps list on the printer as I have for years, the message is "connecting"  and that goes on for a long time and then it just times out.   I ran the wireless network test report and all pass with excellent signal strength.  Any help would be much appreciated   thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Darbymurphy

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to use scan to email feature.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05519493

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you disable web service from the EWS page and enable it again and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.  Quick clarity, I have used the scan to email for years and only recently has it stopped working.

When I try to connect to the HP Apps, the screen just shows me the connecting symbol and then after a long time it just times out to the home page.   This also happened when i tried to see the printers email address and also happened when I tried to remove web services.    I have run the network report and all pass and show excellent wifi strength.  the trouble shooting section says no problems.  

Its really odd, its almost like the printer can not connect to the HP network to get the apps

HP Recommended

@Darbymurphy

Are you trying to use the HP Smart App?

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am trying to scan a piece of paper and have it emailed to me.  The only option on the screen i see is the word Apps.  In the past, i would press that, the printer would go out to the internet and pull down the option to scan to email (among other choices).     Now when i press the word Apps, the screen just shows trying to connect but then it just times out.  I never get anything back on the screen other than trying to connect

HP Recommended

@Darbymurphy

Are you able to scan directly to your computer?

Are you able to make a copy?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.