Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP148fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently moved and when I attempted to set the printer up, I found a password that I did not set. And of course the warranty expired two months ago. I cannot connect the printer to the new network. I tried looking for a solution on the troubleshooter, scan doctor and the Internet to no avail. The documentation is not accurate, asking me to do things that are not an option with this printer. The documentation tells me that I need to contact support to get the Embedded Print Server password reset and after getting hung up on 6 times, I am about ready to throw this printer in the trash and go purchase another brand that will actually work. Could anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cbmech2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To know how to reset the printer to its factory settings, refer to page 132 of the user guide.

To connect the printer to a wireless network,

Press the settings button > Network setup > WPS > press the WPS button on your router.

Refer to this document for more info on connecting the printer to a wireless network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar for responding. I was able to resolve my issue using the USB cable and connecting it that way. I found the instructions in the user guide to be unhelpful in my case citing a procedure that isn’t clear. 

HP Recommended

@cbmech2

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. I will forward your feedback on the user guide to the engineering team at HP.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.