cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

MFP148fdw Factory Reset and Embedded Print Server Password Reset

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP148fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently moved and when I attempted to set the printer up, I found a password that I did not set. And of course the warranty expired two months ago. I cannot connect the printer to the new network. I tried looking for a solution on the troubleshooter, scan doctor and the Internet to no avail. The documentation is not accurate, asking me to do things that are not an option with this printer. The documentation tells me that I need to contact support to get the Embedded Print Server password reset and after getting hung up on 6 times, I am about ready to throw this printer in the trash and go purchase another brand that will actually work. Could anyone help me out?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,794 16,793 1,125 1,336
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cbmech2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To know how to reset the printer to its factory settings, refer to page 132 of the user guide.

To connect the printer to a wireless network,

Press the settings button > Network setup > WPS > press the WPS button on your router.

Refer to this document for more info on connecting the printer to a wireless network.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Kumar for responding. I was able to resolve my issue using the USB cable and connecting it that way. I found the instructions in the user guide to be unhelpful in my case citing a procedure that isn’t clear. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,794 16,793 1,125 1,336
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cbmech2

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. I will forward your feedback on the user guide to the engineering team at HP.

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation