Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I have currently been following the trouble shooting instructions after downloading HP Easy Start, but HP Easy start is not downloading. 

Unable to communicate with the device.

To connect the device, complete the following steps. After you complete each step, click "Try Again".

1. Make sure all cables are securely connected or that the wireless connection is working properly.

2. Turn the device off, and then turn it on again.

^^ I don't know what to do past this point. My iPad and iPhone are also not connecting with the printer. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the Resolution section below, I believe this should help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-installing-older-HP-Printers-o...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Two follows on questions from attempting to follow the instructions you stated. 

(1) The printer stated on the link is 'HP Officejet Pro 8600' but I have 'HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus' which is not on the list. 

(2) I followed the instructions to unlock in system security and download and This happened:

“HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Where can I go from here? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Officejet Pro 8600 option covers the entire series, including the Plus or Premium models.

For the installation file, be sure to check under System Preferences > Security & Privacy and allow the HP Software there, then try double-clicking the file, also try right-clicking it and selecting Open instead to launch the installation

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi there, so i downloaded and everything and went to add the printer and I got this

Unable to verify the printer on your network. 

Unable to connect to ‘Officejet Pro 8600 [912350]._ipp._tcp.local.’ due to an error. Would you still like to create the printer?

But it would allow me to add the fax element. 

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Just tried to add it again, after restarting my laptop and nothing. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 08.12.31.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.