Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All of a sudden my OfficeJet Pro will not connect to my wireless router. I've tried every option available and some that were not and it still won't recognize the router that is 3 feet from printer. It worked perfectly before the Win 10 update this past week. I've rebooted the router computer and printer...I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software...all to no avail. Tried all the suggestions from HP and Verizon (router) but still it won't recognize the printer. I have now plugged it in via USB and it will print but no wireless connection still...any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lvictor101

Welcome to the HP support community.

Restore the printer to the original network settings

1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and then touch Network Setup.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

3. Touch OK.

4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Set up the printer on your wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry to say but that didn't work either. Followed your directions but it still says that my wireless setup is not connected. I tried to connect with the WPS button and then I also tried to input my password manually...both ways failed to connect.

This is so frustrating because everything worked perfectly before the Windows 10 update last week. Has there been anyone else complaining about losing their wireless connection after the OS update?

BTW - I also unplugged all items and reset everything to their normal parameters...nothing. Could my printer have a defective wireless component in it that failed?

HP Recommended

@lvictor101

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.