cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My printer will not print back to back documents - it waits 4 minutes between documents.

HP Recommended
Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not print documents in rapid succession.  It will print one invoice right away, but then when I want it to print another invoice for a different customer, it will wait 4 minutes before it prints the next one, and so on, and so forth.  It used

to print them as soon as I told it to print the invoices.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,654 27,415 2,423 8,944
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DennyH1 

@DennyH1 wrote:

My printer will not print documents in rapid succession.  It will print one invoice right away, but then when I want it to print another invoice for a different customer, it will wait 4 minutes before it prints the next one, and so on, and so forth.  It used

to print them as soon as I told it to print the invoices.  Any suggestions?

This is a nice photo printer that can print documents.

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer (K7R96A)

If you have the means to do so, consider connecting the printer to the 5GHz network.  This is somewhat pointless if the device from which you are sending the data is still stuck using 2.4GHz, but gather and use speed where you can do so, I think.

The "between" times are used by the printer to translate the data  of the next document into printer language - prepare the data to be shoved onto paper, in other words.

There might be time needed, too, to get the document from the source (if printing from your computer) over to the printer.  Some wireless networks are faster than others, lots of variables here, in fact.   Even other devices on the network might be slowing down the process.  Shut them down or reduce use when sending lots of documents to the printer.   Network speed and functionality is not covered here though it might certainly be worth your time to investigate.

In general - fast document printing ...

If you are dong this all the time, Consider:

Combine a blindingly fast network, a fast workstation (also with 5G), and a workhorse Laser Pro printer - something built to quickly translate and print documents as one expect to do in an office environment.

What else?

You might have better luck printing the documents as images.

For example, if the documents are PDF files,

Open the offending PDF file in Adobe Reader DC > File > Print > Advanced >>

1. Set the printer select the colors (Optional)
  2. Print the PDF file as an image

General Example

Manage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1EManage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1E

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation