Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I need to perform perform a super NVRAM. Can you message me with details?   I need to correct the IP address

and unable to access the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) page for my printer via wireless direct or usb connectivity.

So please message me the details.  

HP Recommended

Thanks Repairatrooper.  Your simple instructions resolved my issue! 

HP Recommended

I can't connect my printer via WI-Fi. Can U send me instruction how to reset my printer. M102W

HP Recommended

I have the same need.  Can someone private message me the instructions for resetting my M102w?

HP Recommended

Please send me instructions. Connect with iOS devices only.

HP Recommended

I believe that you have to update your drivers on HP's website and then go back into Printer settings and try and find your printer on the list to reset?

I'm sorry, but that's all I remember.

HP Recommended

Hello DavidSMP,

I have the exact same problem as the user who initiated this thread. I need to completely factory-reset my LaserJet Pro M120W because I have lost my password for the printer's configuration-website.

I read in another posting that you can provide me information via private message to do a complete factory reset.

Please help me. Thank you!

Greetings Nico

HP Recommended

I also need the NVRAM super reset.  When I did have a bit of connectivity with the printer, I used the web interface to shut off IPV4 and IPV6 connections, intending to just use the printer via USB.  Now it is in total doorstop mode.  Your help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Never mind.  Got it figured out without doing a NVRAM super reset.

I connected the printer with all networking shut off - (no IPV4 enabled, no IPV6 enabled), with a USB cable, and noticed that the Device Manager in Windows 7 Pro showed three devices appearing in the "Unknown" category.  If I unplugged the USB cable, they went away. 

I started at the bottom of these "unknown" devices, knowing they were the printer, and right-clicked and selected "Properties".  No device drivers were loaded for them.  I selected the "Update Driver" option, and let it pick up the drivers from Microsoft.  Doing this same process for each of the three devices automatically identified the USB devices as the printer HP M102w, and now it was connected via the USB port, USB001, since that was the means by which I had connected to the printer. 

After doing this, the printer appeared in the "Devices/Printers" list. I did not have to add it in a separate step.   I was able to use the HP settings to access the settings menu on the printer, and re-enable the IPV4 and IPV6 settings on the device configuration for networking.  Now I can access the printer for printing again.  It prints via USB, and more reliably.  It never worked 100% reliably before, randomly timing out.   Problem solved, without NVRAM reset. 

Please cancel my request for the procedure for super NVRAM reset procedure. 

HP Recommended

I need the super NVRAM reset, also.  Please send it.

Wouldn't it be better to post the process, with appropriate caveats, instead of you having to secretly message the process to the multitudes?

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.