Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HPOfficeJet4652
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I’m getting error message saying network password is wrong. But it is correct.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@russett98-2020_, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are trying to connect the printer to a wireless network. To assist you better, have you tried using this password to connect any other device and check if it works?

Let us try these steps:

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

Note: Password is case-sensitive.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

If the issue persists, use the WPS method to connect the printer, refer to - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It’s still telling me wrong password. 

HP Recommended

I tried wizard setup. Still tells me wrong password. Tells me wrong password when tried connecting to my other network. WPS timed out without connecting.

HP Recommended

@russett98-2020_

Have you tried connecting other devices to this network using the same password and check if it works?

In this case, use a USB cable if available and then convert it to wireless.

Refer to - Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.