Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255

My printer has not been able to connect to the internet for months. I have tried to reinstall software, called, and manually tried to connect. Everything else wireless in my house works just fine, so is there a product defect? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sticksstuck,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Are you able to make copies using the printer?
  2. What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 
  3. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  4.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  5. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network, public network, or without a router?
  6. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Sticksstuck,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Are you able to make copies using the printer?
  2. What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 
  3. What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  4.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  5. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network, public network, or without a router?
  6. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Jay_G24. I read through other chats and found that I can use a USB cord. It is now scanning and printing perfectly!

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

MAC Book Pro wireless to OfficeJet 5255. After Applent out update to OS, printer can not find router

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.