Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently installed an HP OfficeJet Pro 9010.  Connected easily to WiFi and can print from my laptop or desktop.

Tried to scan from the printer, and installed the HP Smart app on my laptop.  App can't find the printer.  It finds my HP 210 which is also on the WiFi.

Downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0.7 and diagnostic passed all categories, test print was fine.

markchap68_0-1606268831649.png

So the diagnostic finds the printer with no problem,  but the HP Smart can't find the printer, so I can't set up scan.

And putting the IP address the printer provides, in my browser, to create Scan-to-email or Scan-to-Network folder isn't working because you need to be an IT Tech...for email it asks for your source email (example.myname@mycompany.com.)

And then wants my server and port??  I don't have a server...I'm trying to get document to scan and be sent to me as an email.

markchap68_2-1606268022584.png

How can I use my email as a source when it's a destination?  And when I try to set up a network folder, I place a folder on my desktop, copy the path from the address bar into the "Network Path," it's invalid

markchap68_1-1606267886057.png

How can printing be done from three different devices to the printer, but trying to scan something back is impossible??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.