Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The wifi on my OfficeJet 9015 has stopped working. When I got to the network settings I get an error message that the ethernet cable is not connected, but there is no longer a way to view and setup wireless network options. When I printed out the configuration page, the 901.11 Wireless section says "You cannot use the device's wireless function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact your network administrator or the person who setup the device.". I am our network administrator and the person who setup the device, but I don't know what caused the wireless to be disabled.

I'm running firmware revision MANHTNPP1N002.2042A.00 and I have not had any issues with any other wireless device on the network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I am not an expert but I had the same issue in my officejet 7510  I disabled the wi fi direct without even knowing it and I tried to fix it but it says you need to contact the person who set up the printer.

I was advised to simply press the return (cancell) button repeatedly around 4-6 times while lit, the set up menu will pop up. It worked with me and everything ok now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I am not an expert but I had the same issue in my officejet 7510  I disabled the wi fi direct without even knowing it and I tried to fix it but it says you need to contact the person who set up the printer.

I was advised to simply press the return (cancell) button repeatedly around 4-6 times while lit, the set up menu will pop up. It worked with me and everything ok now.

HP Recommended

Thank you! Your instructions worked great and I was able to fix the problem. One thing that confused me a little bit was that the return/cancel button (which looks kind of like ↩︎) disappears, but if you keep pressing 4-6 times in the same spot, you get to the secret setup menu. From there I was able to go into the reset function and do a semi-full reset (I think that was the term in the menu).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.