cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
vk72
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

OfficeJet Printer - Warranty says "Product has been exchanged" but I bought new!!

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5230
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HELP - my printer doesn't show any WiFi networks at all for about 2 months. I have tried doing a factory reset and a network reset to default settings. Nothing. I've also tried manually entering my SSID and WPA password but it just spins. I even tried using WPS but it doesn't pick up my wireless router.

Now I thought about opening a case with HP and did a lookup of my warranty info but the warranty site says:

Warranty status: Product has been exchanged - See details
Serial number: ******
Product number:M2U82B

I bought this printer new from Walmart about a year ago. What in the world?!
2 REPLIES 2
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,718 17,700 983 851
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vk72

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
vk72
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received a private message saying I would be contacted within 4 business days but it has now been 6 business days. No one is replying to my repeated messages asking for a status... 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation