cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet Pro 8730 has to be removed and re-added to Mac every day

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8730
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I had this same issue maybe three years ago and got it solved with support. But now I'm out of warranty and it's happening again. Issue is not with my computer, as it happens with anyone who tries to add my printer on a Mac.

Here's what happens: When you add my printer to your computer, it appears as something like "OfficeJet Pro 8730 [3CDC00] (7213)". Those last four numbers change every day. For example, when I added the printer yesterday, it was "...8730 [3CDC00] (8903)". I tried to print something just now, and my computer couldn't connect to the printer (since the "8903" name no longer exists on the network). I had to remove it from my printer preferences then re-add the printer with the new four-digit number string that is now showing up.

I have to do this every day. Last time, it took tech support about an hour to come up with a fix that got the printer to stop adding those four random numbers at the end each time. But now the problem is back. Can anyone help?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation